Monday, January 19, 2015

Maxwell Street Market - January 2015

The market was a little sparse this weekend - usually things don't start hopping until spring.  But Maxwell Street is open year round so there's always something going on.  This Sunday it was almost 40 degrees so I grabbed a couple of cameras and sprinted out the door.  Maxwell Street is pretty much my default go-to location for street shooting, there's always a broad & diverse group of people and you can usually find a few characters as well.  

Two things to note - I finally got around to using my 21mm f/3.4 Super Angulon on the Monochrom. The rear element on this lens sits very close to the sensor which means light will hit the corners at an angle - causing corner softness and vignetting (and a red color cast if you're shooting digital color). I'm not terribly pleased with the results - the vignetting is a bit strong for my tastes.  But I don't have any other super wide lenses so I'll just have to make do or use it exclusively on film.

Point 2 - I'm super in love with the Ricoh GR.  As a street shooting pocket sized camera it has no equal.  I just put it in 2m snap focus mode at f/8 - everything from 1 meter to infinity is in focus so taking shots is instantaneous. And image quality is just incredible when you're shooting f/8 and ISO 200.  













No comments:

Post a Comment