Tuesday, March 9, 2010

DIY Beauty Dish

Via David Tejades' blog, I decided to spend a chunk of my weekend time building a beauty dish on the cheap.  Not necessarily because I had previous experience with a dish and wanted one of my own (I didn't), but mostly because it was cheap and I wanted another tool in my burgeoning arsenal of lighting tools.  Surprisingly (because most of the time you read about DIY and they're pretty involved and painful) this turned out to be pretty simple to gather the materials and create.  Everything was off the shelf at Home Depot and I don't think any single piece cost more than $5.  And the light - oh the glorious light.  What an enormous difference diffused and soft off-camera light makes!

And here are the final results (using an SB800 with CLS triggering):


No comments:

Post a Comment